Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!

Happy (early) fourth of July!! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to write, but I have been busy sewing. Also, I am officially graduated from high school! Yay!! It feels great, but at the same time I can hardly believe it. It seems like yesterday that I started high school...

Today, I have two projects to show you. One is a pink and white purse made from my own pattern. The lady that is buying it from me wanted the outside to look like a quilt, or checkered. I cut out 3.5" by 3.5" squares, sewed them together and made a bag.

Front of the bag. The back side is exactly the same, minus the pocket.


Inside of the bag. I love the pink fabric with white leaves!

Next up, something for myself! It is called "Daily Doodler" and the pattern describes it as "A personal portable organizer." The pattern is from This and That patterns. I have made three from the pattern already for gifts, so I decided it was time to make one for myself. I love the pattern! It is so quick and easy!!

Front of my daily doodler. The small rectangles that make up the blocks are mostly scraps.

The back, so you can see all the pretty colors!

The inside. There are three pockets, including a zippered pocket. The notepad will be useful for jotting things down! I will definitely be bringing it to college with me!

That is all I have for you right now. I hope you have a wonderful fourth of July weekend! I will be enjoying time with my family.

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment