Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Thrift Store Finds

What a stressful week this has been! I finished my last final and I can officially say I am done with my first year of college!!

I love thrifting! I went to Salvation Army the other day and left with so many treasures. I was looking for suspenders because I read about using them for colored elastic here. It is such a unique and clever idea! I found one pair of navy blue suspenders for $1.

I didn't want to leave with just the suspenders, so I did some browsing around the store. As I was looking around the back of the store by the sheets and bedding I turned and I saw.....FABRIC!!! People were walking by ignoring it, but it drew me in. There were three small containers full of rolled up fabric. Some of it was ugly, but I kept searching and found several things I liked:
My finds 

My favorite - a cotton floral


A brown floral knit


A sheer fabric - maybe silk?


It is hard to know what the type of fabric is. I think most of them are cotton or cotton blends. Most are a yard or more. I spent a total of $14! I foresee many great projects!

What have you found at the thrift store lately?


~Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Went to the "country" thrift store last year (aka yard sale), and bought a real arm full of fabric. It was so much fun! There was mainly printed quilt cottons there but that was OK with me. I love florals and there were many choices in that genre. I can't wait to see what you use your favorite for--it is so pretty!

    This is what I did with one of the fabric's I bought: http://artandneedlework.blogspot.com/2012/03/3312-floral-skirt-ready-for-spring.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get most of my fabric from thrift stores and such. Great find! So glad that you shared. Thanks for helping make Things I've Done Thursday a success!

    ReplyDelete