Thursday, June 7, 2012

15 for 15 Remix - Day 7



Shirt: Kohl's
Circle Skirt: Made by me
Sandals: Payless
Vintage button ring: Fort Snelling museum gift shop



Shirt: garage sale
Skirt: Made by mom
Shoes: Payless
Necklace: gift



Today was a pretty normal day. I started my day by going for a run, but then I ended up getting rained on. The rest of the day I just relaxed and sewed a bit. I finished making a coin purse that I am giving a friend for graduation. After the rain was over, it was very hot and humid. My circle skirt is one of my new favorite summer skirts because it's perfect for weather like this!

You can't see my ring real well in the pictures, but it is a button ring made out of two buttons. There is a larger clear button and a smaller purple button in the middle of that. It is very cute! I got it at Fort Snelling, which is a historical place here in Minnesota. In the 1800s and early 1900s it was used for military purposes and the first settlers also lived there. My sister's class went on a field trip there last month and I went with. They have restored all the old buildings so you can tour it and the staff dresses up just like they did back when the fort was running. We saw the one room schoolhouse, the Indian Agency, the guardhouse, the hospital and the round tower (the oldest building in MN). We also got to march with the guards. Anyway, they had a bunch of button rings in the gift shop and I couldn't resist getting one. Hopefully, I can get a better picture of it for you!

Have a great day!

~Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! That shirt goes perfectly with that skirt. Adorable!

    Your little sis also did a great job!

    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your skirt! You are such a good seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Skirt! It is so pretty!

    Charlotte Boyer

    ReplyDelete