Friday, January 4, 2013

Little Dresses

 Hello everyone! Recently, I have been busy sewing little dresses for my baby sister. It is so much fun to sew little dresses because they are so cute and they take such little fabric!

First up, is her Christmas dress, which is actually two dresses in one!



 I used the Shortcake Reversible Romper and Dress pattern from The Cottage Mama. This was my first time using the pattern, but it was very easy to follow. It is fully lined, so there are no exposed seams, which makes it fully reversible. I made a size 6 month, and I was able to use fabric from the scrap pile. There are no buttonholes or zippers, so it is very simple and the straps tie at the top.

 I made another Shortcake Reversible Dress, but this one is more springy.



 There is an option to add ric-rac and other trims. I think I want to try some embellishments if I use this pattern again. Ruffles would be fun too! It is a simple dress, but it provides lots of opportunity to make it your own.

My sisters and I on Christmas Day!





The third dress is another pattern from The Cottage Mama - The Janey Jumper. I have made this pattern before, so I knew what to expect. It was very easy and there are lots of variations to choose from including ruffles, scallops, or patchwork. I chose to make the ruffle variation for this dress.

The pattern was very easy to follow and very straight forward. I love the little details with the topstitching around the neck and armholes and the button closure on the back. This dress is also fully lined, so there are no seams exposed. I used a pinking shears when I trimmed the seams, especially around the neck and armholes. I used fabric from the scrap pile for this dress too.

Isn't she just adorable?

What have you been sewing lately?

~Elizabeth


3 comments:

  1. Love them all! They are so cute and fun. I think my favorite is the Christmas one. Your baby sister is so cute too. I can see how you are all related because you all have the same amazing blue eyes!

    Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet sister you are ! And your baby sister is adorable in her handmade dresses.

    ReplyDelete