Monday, February 10, 2014

The Rose T-Shirt

I've been following Project Sewn and there sure are some amazing designers this season! I decided to sew along for this week's theme, Make It Pink.


I thought the Rose T-Shirt from Blank Slate Patterns would be perfect. There are so many options when it comes to sewing this T-shirt. You can choose from four different sleeve lengths and two different shirt lengths.

 
Melissa designed this T-shirt to be made with woven and knit fabric. She says it's great for showing off pricy designer fabric on the neckline because it only takes 1/4 yard of woven fabric. However, I did not have any plain knit fabric on hand and I really liked this pink and black polka dot fabric. It is very soft and nice to wear.
I decided to go an opposite route of other versions I've seen and use a printed knit for the main part of the shirt, along with a subtle printed fabric for the neckline. If you look closely, you will see there are music notes on the black neckline fabric.

 
My favorite part of this shirt is the simple gathers in the front and the sleeves. The sleeves were made extra long so you could hem them to your desired length - I love this because long sleeve shirts are always too short! These sleeves are perfect.
 
This is definitely a new favorite shirt of mine and I will be making more! The best part? It cost $0 because the woven fabric was from my stash and the knit was from my mom's stash.
 
Have you been doing any sewing? Are you following Project Sewn?
 
~Elizabeth

6 comments:

  1. love your pink project for Project sewn!!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through project sewn. Your shirt is lovely, the polka dot is so fun and the black grounds it. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project! I love your fabric choices. Been eyeing this pattern for awhile so it is fun to see what others do with it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I think the music notes give it just the right touch. I love the neckline on this too - it makes a simple t-shirt so much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete