Monday, April 16, 2018

Me-Made-May 2018


It's almost time for Me-Made-May! I love taking part in this event every year and seeing all the amazing handmade outfits that everyone pledges to wear. This will be my fifth year participating in Me-Made-May and it is interesting to me to look back and see how much my wardrobe has changed over the years. Five years ago, I was still in college and know I'm in the working world as a nurse! 

I wear something handmade almost everyday. In fact, it would be more of a challenge for me to wear something RTW than it is to wear handmade. My handmade items are just what I like to wear now! It also helps that I'm part of the RTW fast this year, so I am not buying any RTW clothes. So far, that is going well and I haven't felt the need to buy any clothes for myself!

Here is my pledge for MMM '18:
 'I, Elizabeth of The College Seamstress blog and @thecollegeseamstress on instagram, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '18. I endeavour to wear only me made clothing (with the exception of undergarments, shoes, socks, and work scrubs!) throughout May 2018'. 

I will be sharing daily photos on Instagram and hope to do a few updates here on the blog. At the end of the month I will evaluate what worked, what didn't work, and what needs to go. I also want to figure out what I need more of in my wardrobe. In addition to my pledge, I have a goal to finish sewing the Joy Jacket pattern for my mom and I. I also want to sew something else from my #makenine list (possibly the Carolyn Pajamas or the Gabriola Skirt). 

Are you participating in Me-Made-May this year? 

~Elizabeth

1 comment: